You are here
Hill CDC Fellowship Program: 2015 - 2017 Job Description
As a Hill CDC fellow, you will work on important community development initiatives that intersect between business, public and community interests. The perfect candidate is seeking an opportunity to contribute to the redevelopment of the Hill District by engaging and negotiating these complex and sometimes opposite interests through specific project work. You’ll work closely with residents, advocates, policy makers, developers and stakeholders and you’ll learn to make the case for community revitalization through targeted research, process facilitation, coalition building, media interaction, and direct influence of decision-makers.
As a fellow, you might work on real estate issues, public policy, public administration, economic development, community programming, issue-based initiatives and more. Through the course of the two-year fellowship, you will gain core skills, experience and training necessary to be a leader in community development, with a specific focus on urban core development.
- Developing issue expertise through research and report writing
- Process facilitation and engagement in support of community initiatives and organizational objectives
- Making the case to decision-makers and policy makers (local, state and federl) in one-on-one meetings and through advocacy and legislative testimony
- Building your program through self-directed fundraising efforts
- Building the organization by appropriately fulfilling community engagement needs, including but not limited to canvassing, one-on-one meetings, phone banking
- Supporting a diverse set of project based assignments
- BS in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, Public Administration. MS Strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Proven leadership skills
- Integrity and good judgement
- Strong commitment to getting results
- A self-directed team player.
- Experience that demonstrates your cultural competency with target community
- Passion for social change
Excellent business and financial acumen with strong statistical and quantitative analysis. Monthly stipend will be provided. Please respond to the Hill Community Development Corporation via email. Responses should be sent to email@example.com. Rolling admission. No phone call please.
The Hill CDC is an EOE