2621 Centre Avenue
Aligns with Master Plan
June 2018 - Submitted to the DRP
- Proposed renovation of 77 Single Resident Occupancy units in an existing historic YMCA in partnership with ACTION-Housing.
- Renovations will convert group bathrooms to individual bathrooms, add air conditioning, replace finishes, improve efficiency, and add an elevator.
- Current population served are low-income, partially employed men, many of whom have family ties to the Hill District community.
- New, first-floor program space will be available for use by the community.
August 2018 - Sat before the DRP
- The DRP determined the project was in alignment and scored the project an 82%.
- The DRP, however, requested additional information regarding remaining concerns around: management of the property, ownership structure, MWDBE participation levels, and the social services contract provider.
September 2018 - Additional Information
Submitted additional information to the DRP
October 2018 - Presented to the community
- Met to discuss further Master Plan alignment on October 8, 2018
- Submitted a second written response following the aforementioned meeting on October 23, 2018
- Presented at the community meeting on October 25, 2018
- Received a score of 89%
- Letter of support sent out on November 1, 2018