3401 Milwaukee St
Aligns with Master Plan
- Development Review Panel Committee received and reviewed their proposal internally.
- DRP committee determined that the project was ready to proceed through the community review process
- Presentation by Owner/Developer Mclays, LLC and Architecture, Robert S. Pfaffmann for Madison School reuse
- MCLAYS, LLC owns The Madison School Arts Center outright, with no debt
- Plans to finance this project by pursuing $350,000 in grants and donations for classroom studio renovations, parking and HVAC system upgrades.
- Phase 1: Pittsburgh Playwrights Occupancy
- Phase 2: Upper Floors Art Studios and related organizations.
- Funds for the Elevator will be raised for a later phase to comply with ADA codes,
- Prime Tenant: Pittsburgh Playwrights Theatre Studios
- Tenant with a 15-year lease.
- The DRP determined the project was in alignment with the Greater Hill District Master Plan and scored the project a 84%- B
- The Development Team has been invited to formally present to the broader Community during the Quarter Community Meeting on July 13, 2023
- Development Team presented to the Hill District Community at our July Community Meeting: COOKOUT EDITION
- Residents were extremely excited about this project and scored it at 99% - A
- The cumulative score averaged to 91% - A
- A letter of support was sent to the development team and government officials on July 31st
|Development Review Panel (DRP) Self-Evaluation Form||262.94 KB|
|Development Review Panel (DRP) Executive Summary||116.98 KB|
|Zoning Use Change Submission||6.44 MB|
|DRP Letter of Support||301.85 KB|