The Greenprint has three core goals:
- Establish a healthy place with urban development that works in concert with the natural ecology;
- Identify projects and opportunities for leadership and innovation in the local economy; and
- Reframe the identity of the Hill District as "A Village in the Woods" - an example of urban beauty.
The Greenprint builds upon the Hill’s existing landscape resources to provide a framework for the neighborhood to retain its identity and capitalize on its geography. As an ecological framework to guide future development, the Greenprint defines three distinct regions:
- The Woods, the Hill's outer edge, wraps the community with dense vegetation.
- The Village is a collection of diverse neighborhoods at the geographic center of the Hill.
- Conveyance is the system that moves people, water, and wildlife through the Hill, highlighting historic stream paths.