Centre Heldman Plaza was acquired by the URA in November 2019. There are currently 4 interested tenants in the former Shop 'n Save, grocery store site. 3 of those interested tenants filled out the questionnaire and submitted on time so that the community can learn about them prior to the meeting. The fourth interested tenant submitted after the deadline. See the names of the tenants below with their questionnaires linked!
- Pierre Development
- Family Tree Market
- Salems Market & Grill
- Fresh International Market (SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE)
Join the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), the Hill CDC, and Councilman Lavelle for a community meeting on Monday September 20, 2021 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM on Zoom where the 4 interested grocers will present to you, you can ask questions, and you can VOTE on the proposal YOU want to see move forward.
Grocery Store Interested Tenant Community Meeting
Monday, September 20th
5:30 - 7:00 PM
Held Via Zoom
- Interested grocers will fill out a questionnaire about their proposal. The answers will be made available to the public for you to review prior to the community meeting. Please see linked above.
- Interested grocers will present on September 20th. You will have the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation.
- You will have until September 30th to complete a scorecard identifying your grocer of choice as well as provide some additional information about priorities in a grocery store for you.
Top Grocer Selections
Hill District Residents
- Top First Choice - Salem's Market
- Top Second Choice - Fresh International Market
Non-Hill District Residents
- Top First Choice - Salem's Market tied with Pierre Development, 30.8%
Family Tree Food Market, 23.1%
15.4% Fresh International Market, 15.4%
- Top Second Choice - Salem's Market, 38.5%
Fresh International Market, 30.8%
Pierre Development, 23.1%
Family Tree Food Market, 7.7%
If your first or second choice is selected, how frequently are you likely to use Centre Heldman as your primary grocery store?
Family Tree Food Market
Fresh International Market
Where do you currently shop?
What offerings would you like to see provided in a grocery store for the neighborhood?